You have done all the hard work and you are ready to show it off on-stage, or in that amazing photo shoot you booked.
As a competitor myself, I know what hard work you have put into your training and cut, and I take great pride in making sure you are going to feel your best on stage.
But, before we get there, it is important your skin prep is as on point as your physique. The success of your spray tan is as much skin prep as the skill of your spray tan artist. Even more so since you are leaning down and by the time you get to your tan, you may be a bit dehydrated and ad not getting the same nutrition as before in order to make your gains pop. Let's go over your skin care prep to make sure your tan will look it's best on stage, or in your photos.
Starting at least a month before your competition
Avoid a sun burn before your event. We always recommend wearing sunscreen to protect your skin.
In order to make this post informative for all competitors, not just ones we are tanning, We are going to break this down assuming you are entering a Saturday show. If your event is a different day, adjust the days according to the appropriate end date.
You likely need to be tanned the day before, and the day of the show. Most shows have an expectation of how the competitors will look under the stage lights in general, a dark tan provides the best result. A spray the day of the show also ensure you look perfect when your number is called.
Starting the Monday on the week of your competition, (peek week) through Thursday.
Assuming you are being tanned Friday... (It is best if you can complete these at least 4 hours prior to your tan time.)
(if you are being tanned Saturday, please follow the Friday instructions Saturday)
What to bring for your spray tan.
Our recommendations if you are in a hotel room:
Competition spray tan can stain surfaces. Hotels can and will charge a fee for any items in a room you may damage with your tan. The following is a list of things you can do to prevent damage in your room, but remember it is up to you to ensure you treat the property you are stying at with respect. your tanner is not responsible for any staining that may occur.
As always, feel free to direct any questions to me here in the comments, or to Beautycooperative@gmail.com.
Looking for a competition spray tan artist? Information is available on my website under "spray tanning". Information is available for both regular spray tans and competition tanning.
The longevity of your service results depends on the stage in the growth cycle when service is preformed, as well as lifestyle and care.
Shedding of your lashes may be more noticeable with your lashes enhanced. Along with regular appointments to maintain your look, here is how you will maintain your enhancements.
Lash/Brow Lift DO NOT:
For continued life of your lash lift/tint, and health of your eyes
Enjoy your lash/brow enhancements, and feel free to contact me with any questions.
24-48 Hours Prior to Your Spray Tan:
• Schedule your manicure, pedicure, facial, massage, & hair appointments a day before Spray tanning. These services either exfoliate or leave a residue on your skin and will prevent your tan from taking correctly or remove your tan. Blow dry’s are recommended to be done either prior to spray tan or AFTER your first rinse.
• Schedule sugaring appointments at least 24 hours before Spray tanning.
If you shave shave a minimum of 12 hours before your tan, and remove any shaving product completely from your skin. Do not use a razor with a moisturizing strip.
• Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! I cannot stress the importance of pre-session exfoliation. 24 hours prior to your spray tan, exfoliate with an oil free body scrub or use an exfoliating mitt. If you have previous sunless tan, it is best in ensure your tan is removed as much as possible to ensure even tanning. We sell exfoliation mitts, tan eraser, as well as tan safe body wash, in our shop.
Day of Spray Tan:
• Take a shower the morning of your spray tan. (The night before if it will be within 4 hours of your tan)
• Wear dark, loose fitting clothing and flip flops if possible. Tanning solution will wash out of most fabrics, but may stain nylons, lycra and silk. Cotton is recommended. While your tan is developing, you do not want clothing or foot wear that will rub against the skin and cause streaking.
• Pull hair away from face and neck with a hair tie and cover with a hair cap (supplied) if you like. Temporary staining can occur on blond hair. but it will wash out your next shampoo.
• After your consultation, you will be instructed to change into a bikini, swimsuit, or undress to the level of your comfort (All body's of every shape, size, stage in life, and gender are welcome in our space, we do insist that penises be covered during a spray tan. Often during spray tanning once the solution hits the skin, secretions happen. It's completely normal. In order to protect your technician, bottoms or a tube sock covering your self to prevent transfer is necessary. Please note: any inappropriate behaviour will have your appointment ended immediately. ) Wearing a swimsuit or bra/underwear? We recommend a dark, older swimsuit. Be aware of what kind of tan lines you would like. Anything the solution can get through will be tanned. anywhere it can't get will not be tanned.
• lip balm can be applied too lips. Disposable nose filters are available if you would like one.
After Spray Tan (Post Tan):
• Cover your car seat with a dark or black towel to prevent sweating and streaking.
• Avoid wearing a bra, socks or other restrictive clothing immediately after your spray tan session. The looser the better to avoid any streaking while tan is developing.
•In general, it is best to plan your tan when you will be able to rinse before bed. If you can not, use old sheets to sleep on the night of your tan. The temporary bronzer may rub off on your sheets during the night. It should wash out, but just be aware this may occur. "rinse time" will depend on the solution we use. Any sweating or body parts touching during your sleep will also affect the final outcome of your tan.
• Your first shower post spray tan should be just a warm water rinse (no soap). You will notice the temporary bronzer washing away, and your tan may appear lighter. Your tan will continue to develop even after the rinse, so do not be alarmed if you’re not as tan as you expect. Your colour will continue to develop over the next 24 hours. From this point on hydration is key!
After 12-24 hours, you can shower as normal. be sure to use a spray tan safe body wash. (NO DOVE!! see a pattern here yet?). We sell our own line of tan (and sugaring) safe body wash in the shop.
Sunless- Tan Maintenance:
• Pat your skin dry gently
• Moisturize twice a day to extend the life of your beautiful bronze tan. We recommend Hempz body lotion. available in our shop.
• Avoiding moisturizers with AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) will prolong your tan. If these ingredients are in your skin care you will need to book more frequently to maintain your tan, as this ingredient promotes exfoliation and cell turnover.
We recommend ensuring your spray tan is completely removed before getting your next tan to ensure even tanning. We have tan eraser available in our shop.
You invested in a beautiful set of classic lash extensions. Congratulations.
You made the best decision to go to a certified and trained lash extension artist. You spent time together discussing not only the look that you want, but your artist also took the time to invest in you by explaining why, or why not, that was reasonable and safe for you by expertly evaluating your eye and facial shape, your features, and the length, health and strength, of your natural lashes. You took their professional advice are now sporting some wake up and go glam.
You should be noticing that they are comfortable and do not feel like hardly anything on your lash. You are ready to take on the world .
Your artist will have given you maintenance instructions to take care of your investment. I bet you were so excited to get them on that you hardly paid any attention to it. Here, I am going to break down your basic lash extension maintenance to remind you.
For the first 24 hrs. DO NOT Get your lashes wet.
This advice will differ between companies that supply lash adhesives. so you should really text your artist about this if it wasn't us here. Either way if you do get your lashes wet, gently pat them dry. Do not rub your lashes aggressively ever to dry them. Aggressive rubbing will remove lashes and you will need to get your fills sooner or not be able to get as full of a result on your next fill.
For the continued life of your lash extensions:
Have any questions? You are welcome to comment below. Or better yet, get ahold of your lash artist. I am sure they would love to answer any questions your have.
W-F: 10:30am - 8pm
705 876 8161
Visit us on Facebook at facebook.com/byheatherlynn
connect with Cameron on instagram @xylashartist
connect with Heather-Lynn on instagram @byheatherlynn
Connect with Heather-Lynn on Threads @byheatherlynn